Monday, April 7, 2014

Earthquake

Dear Family,

This week was really fun. We had huge earthquakes here in Chile. Fortunately, we didn't feel the first or second one of 7.0 to 8.2 richter scale earthquakes. But the 3rd one was here in Salamanca at 6:52 in the morning - it was a 5.4 earthquake. Salamanca was the epicenter of the 3rd one. It was really fun though. They evacuated all of the coast of Chile because of what happened on Feb. 27, 2010. Here in Salamanca, we are at 3000 meters above sea level, so there was no alarm for tsunami. Everything is fine. Everything looks like it is back to normal. 

This week we have a baptism. His name is Hector and he is about 85 years old. He is really nice and crazy (in a good way). He can't see very well but he knows us. He was a reference from a member here in Salamanca. He has a hard time remembering things. I hope that he can remember the things that he needs to for his interview.

I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. He loves us. I love the messages of the conference yesterday in the morning. I love when President Monson speaks. I know the Book of Mormon is true.

Viaje Seguro,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment