Hola
mi familia,
Just so you all know - my p-day is on Monday!
It has been a long first week. It is all good because we have already six people commited to baptism! :) We have the family Carol, and her children that accepted. We are working with the father now. The other two are Pedro and Mauro. Pedro was just waiting for us to talk to him and he is excited to be baptised. Mauro´s son is a professional soccer player (although he rarely gets to play) and Mauro is excited because he wants to be baptized, but his wife doesn´t want to leave her ways of the Virgin Mary (even though she had like a direct revelation. Mauro was praying for her to be safe where she was and he called her right after and she said she saw a pillar of light over her head moments before - and it was cloudy out). We will talk to her about the Virgin Mary soon.
The food here is weird. They have radiated milk here and I think I’m starting to shoot laser beams out of my eyes. They do have some candy here that is awesome. They are called mini torta and game. They are so good! They have dulce de leche in them and they taste fabulous.
My companion´s name is Max Matesen. He is awesome. He is funny and fun to talk to. He is American and originally from Cali but moved to Utah. It is funny because I am his last companion before he leaves for Utah. Crazy huh? He loves to skateboard and he is excited to see his family. He is such a hard worker even though I can´t understand anything that he is saying when speaking in Spanish. Chilean is fast Spanish and they drop s´s and d´s here plus slang (po) after everything so I´m trying to hear it but it is hard. I´ll get there one day.
Just so you all know - my p-day is on Monday!
It has been a long first week. It is all good because we have already six people commited to baptism! :) We have the family Carol, and her children that accepted. We are working with the father now. The other two are Pedro and Mauro. Pedro was just waiting for us to talk to him and he is excited to be baptised. Mauro´s son is a professional soccer player (although he rarely gets to play) and Mauro is excited because he wants to be baptized, but his wife doesn´t want to leave her ways of the Virgin Mary (even though she had like a direct revelation. Mauro was praying for her to be safe where she was and he called her right after and she said she saw a pillar of light over her head moments before - and it was cloudy out). We will talk to her about the Virgin Mary soon.
The food here is weird. They have radiated milk here and I think I’m starting to shoot laser beams out of my eyes. They do have some candy here that is awesome. They are called mini torta and game. They are so good! They have dulce de leche in them and they taste fabulous.
My companion´s name is Max Matesen. He is awesome. He is funny and fun to talk to. He is American and originally from Cali but moved to Utah. It is funny because I am his last companion before he leaves for Utah. Crazy huh? He loves to skateboard and he is excited to see his family. He is such a hard worker even though I can´t understand anything that he is saying when speaking in Spanish. Chilean is fast Spanish and they drop s´s and d´s here plus slang (po) after everything so I´m trying to hear it but it is hard. I´ll get there one day.
I love my Mission
Presidents but it's sad because I only get to see them for two weeks - then a
new Mission President. I´ll send more info later.
My apartment right now is really cold and no way to heat it up so we had to buy heaters. But at night it is like the perfect temperature.
I got all of my bags to Chile and I am good. Now I just need to work. :)
I didn´t have any adventures when traveling but it´s ok because I am here now.
I am so glad to be here in I Chile and its wonderful people. I know that the Lord will bless me with the gift of tongues, but until then I will keep studying. I love you guys so much and pray for you every day. Spanish is hard right now, but it will get better. :)
I love you all and know that this is the true Church and I have already seen it change lives.
Seguro Viaje
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment