This week Chile was in the elimination rounds for the soccer World Cup. Chile fought against Venezuela and won. We heard all of the goals as they happened. Soccer has a different feeling here in Chile. (Also, really hard to teach during the games - NO ONE wants to hear about God when Chile is playing for the world cup) But it is really fun to hear everyone scream when Chile gets a goal.
We taught one of our investigators about tithing last Saturday. He got really angry and said that he was not going to pay tithing, but he would like to keep meeting with us. So this week we fasted for him to understand tithing, so that he would accept it - and he did. I have no idea how, but another missionary discussed with him the same principles we did, and he accepted. He is going to be baptized on the 28th of this month. We have more people that we are working with that could be baptized as well.
I went to the doctor for my feet today. I've got this weird fungus that made something like holes in my feet. She scraped off all of the dead skin and the infected skin and gave me a cream. She said to buy some copper socks and wear them from now on. All in all now my feet will feel better. Mucho mas mejor.
I know that this is the Church of God and we are in his work. I know that Fasting really does work and that God loves us. I know the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.
Viaje Seguro,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment