Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Next Baptism

Dear Family,

This week we are going to prepare for our next baptism. Her name is Magdalena and she is 15 years old. She was a reference from one of her friends here in Placeres. She is funny and really quiet. We are also teaching her family, and they are awesome too. The stepfather is less active and the Mom is not a member, so we are preparing her for her baptism - but she still needs to get married. That is very common here in Chile - people live together without being married. I guess it is just another challenge. 

We are now trying to work with the young men, so that they can get excited to go on a mission. We are working with three specifically right now, but they are really fun. One is the son of the bishop and he is really cool. His name is Pablo, and because it is summer vacation right now, he wants to do everything with us. He is actually with us on our P-day today. 

I know that this is the true church and that God loves us a lot. No matter what we do, he will keep loving us. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that he died for us. I am so very grateful for that and his example for us. Love you guys.

Viaje Seguro,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment