Monday, November 12, 2012

(Insert Witty Subject Title)

Dear Family,

This week I woke up to a earthquake. It wasn't bad, more soothing
if anything. I was sleeping and about 3:30 in the morning on Wednesday
I woke up and it felt like I was being cradled to sleep again. At
this time I thought I was sleeping and so I didn't ask anyone if they
had felt it. It wasn't until later that I found out that it was an earthquake.
Woot for EARTHQUAKES!

Remember how we were preparing two of our investigators for marriage?
Yeah, that didn't happen. We were all ready - we had everything, food,
ring, candles for a nice romantic dinner and BAM, the morning of this
event he tells us that he talked to her and their daughter and they want
to get married after she is done with school. Come to find out that we
talked with the daughter the day before and she was really excited
about them getting married.  Then we talked to the girlfriend (we
can't called her "wife" yet.) She said that she really wanted to get
married but she was waiting for him to ask the question and he didn't.
So I believe that he is making excuses not to get married and blaming it
on other people, because when we talked to the girlfriend and daughter.
They said that they didn't have that talk as a family. Frustrating.

This week two thing happened.  Alex is in the hospital but he is doing a
lot better.  He had a seizure in the middle of the night because of his
diabetes and not eating anything. He is fine though. Austin has his
call to Gadalajara, Mexico - so Alex, Austin, And I will all be
speaking Spanish. WOOT!

I love you guys, and pray for you everyday. I know that the Church is
true and that God loves us and he has bigger plans for us than we know. 
Keep striving for that goal.

Seguro Viaje,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment