Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The proposal....

Dear Family,

Sorry, for writing on Tuesday, yesterday we honestly had no time to write. That is why I am writing today.

The proposal didn't go as well as we had planned. In fact the very day that we were going to do it, the groom-to-be came up to us and said that he didn't want to get married right now.  His almost fiance really wants to get married and baptized, but she is too shy to tell him to marry her. Sad Day. 

This week I was walking with my companion and we came across a woman who has been a member of the church for about ten years.   She was baptized in Argentina and her family has practically disowned her.  She has been drinking and other stuff and she wants the forgiveness of her family.  She told us that every time she repents she feels good - then she will go and do those things again the next day.  When we talked to her, she told us that she was thinking about suicide. We then explained to her that by reading and praying and going to Church, she can gain a way to find those things that she needs in her life.   Then we explained that if she will keep the commandments of God, she will be blessed (D&C 82:10) because God is obligated to bless those who will keep his commandments. She said that she would attend Church and do the things that we said.  We will be checking with her later today.

One of my converts spoke in Church this week. It was really good. I was so happy that one of my converts had a talk before I left the branch. That family is really special.

Love you guys so much and appreciate everything that you do for me. I know that this Church is true, that we can be purified though Jesus Christ, and that we can return to him. I know that the Church is true. Its like the grandfather of Elder Holland said,“No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so".  Love it.

Seguro Viaje,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment