Dear Family,
This week was fun. We were going to have a baptism for the hermanas in
our area, but when we were going to the church we felt the need to stop
by the house of the person that we were going to baptise. So, when we
got to her house we could smell smoke and then we asked her if she had
been smoking and sadly, she said, "yes". All in all she could not be
baptised on this date. And the hermanas in our area had to tell all
the people who were waiting that the baptism was not going to happen.
They had cake, soda - all kinds of goodies for after, and nada. It
was good cake though.
Also this week all of the people that we were teaching, and had dates to
be baptised, told us that they did not want to be baptised. It was
a relatively sad experience all together. But, its OK because this
is a new week and the last of the transfer and I have no Idea who is
going to stay or who is going to leave. I have no idea if I want to
stay or not because of Christmas and being here a long time. We will
see what happens. I think I will be writing on Tuesday of next week.
Thanksgiving was tough because 1) They don't celebrate it here and 2) I
forgot what day it was. So I decided that I would be thankful the
entire week and it was awesome. I felt happier. Service is
the greatest thing a person can do - it helps you and them. So I
CHALLENGE all of you to "Pay it Forward" or do an act of kindness for
some one and tell me how it went.
I love you guys so much and hope you all the best and pray for you all
everyday. I know that God appeared to Joseph Smith in the grove of
trees and that this work is the true work of God. Strive to do the
right in everything that you do.
Seguro Viaje,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment