| Elder Griffeth and Elder Lopez |
This week was great! We have a family who was less active, living together (without being married and having three kids w/ one on the way), and wanting their child who is eight years old to be baptized. Now they are active, married, and working with the president of the branch for their daughter's baptism. I would like to call that a point in the books. Also, we are working with this family who has 14 children - wanting them to come to church. They are less-active and want to change that, so this Sunday five of them came. I don't know why all of them did not come to church, but we will will work with the rest. They are a really fun family. They love to joke around (sarcastically- which does not exist here).
This week when my companion and I were walking to appointments, three car accidents happened right in front of us. THREE. It was scary, but kind of awesome. Luckily no one died. A t-bone and two rear bumper accidents.
We had a cool experience with a reference. We were walking to our next appointment and we decide to pass by a less active church member who was a reference from another member and when we got there, we stood in the doorway of this business. We decided to ask a women who was sitting there if she knew this person and right when we said the name, she started to cry Then cry heavily. Then cry like Niagara falls. This all happened within a period of 30 seconds. There was no talking until three minutes later. Then she told us that he was her boyfriend and that they recently found out that he has cancer. Then she told us that she did not know why she was telling us this, and then we talked about the Plan of Salvation. We couldn't set a baptismal date with her, because she is living with him, but she is very interested in what we have to say. Bueno.
Erin,
See you on the other side (when I call for Christmas:) )
I love you all so much. Thank you all for the things that you do for me. I hope that this wonderful season of Christmas can open your eyes to the wonders and the blessings that we have. I love Christmas. I know the Church is true and that we have people who love us no matter what we do. I know that the Book of Mormon is a book of history and spiritual guidance written for our day. May God bless you as you strive to be closer to God and his only begotten son in this wonderful season.
Seguro viaje,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment