This week was great! We had two baptisms and they were so excited when they were baptized. Their names are Gillian and Constanza. We found them three weeks ago - their family is less active. When we found them, they told us that we should baptize the two youngest children and we accepted the challenge. So, in order for us to baptize them, they needed to go to church three times. They had come twice so far, and the day that we were going to baptize them they said that they were going to be at church at 11:00 am. Church is at 10:00 am. So we ran to their house at 10:20, and by the time we got there it was 10:35. They still weren't ready by the time that we got there, so we had to wait five minutes. Then we ran back to the chapel. We got there on time, so we were able to baptize yesterday. Two more into the waters of baptism. "Rock the Font"
Christmas was great here, even though I was sweating the whole time. By the time it gets dark here it's not as hot. I received a lot of socks from the members - about 10 pairs. So I think that I am good on socks. Nothing really weird happened for Christmas this year. I only have one more Christmas until I am home. :) I'm praying for an awesome 2013 in Chile. (crossed-fingers)
Not much else happened this week. WOOT! TWO BAPTISMS!
I love you all and it was Awesome to see you all together. I hope that in this new year we can take that challenge that the Prophet gave us and "live" Christmas for the whole year (service, love, giving, etc...) I know that the church is true and this doctrine is the best way to live life with safety, and return to our father in heaven.
Viaje Seguro
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment