IT IS HOTTER THAN HADES HERE!!! From about 11:00 am to 8:30 pm, I am sweating. Quillota is a city where there is a lot of heat. It's a valley and a desert. I am surprised that people here don't just burst into flames. One day we left a house for our next appointment, three minutes later we were sweating like pigs. That's not a joke. That story is true. I am writing a lot about the heat because I want you to know how I feel. My skin is the same color as a crab. People in the street point and laugh. Its quite sad - and hot.
This week we have four children who want to be baptized. Awesome. The only problem is that their parents need to reactivate so that they can attend church and have a retention plan. So, right now we can't plan baptismal dates with them because they need to reactivate their family first. It is going to be a lot of work, but we will see.
This week, to find more investigators, we decided that we should teach English classes. We talked with everyone and the members too, and they were all excited to come. No one showed up. So I taught my companion how to say numbers up to 100 billion. It was way fun to teach him - really. We are going to cross our fingers for next week.
Well, that is my letter for this week. I love you all so much, and wish the best of holidays to all of you. Let the spirit guide you as you serve others. I know that this Church is true.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
Seguro Viaje,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment