Monday, January 21, 2013

First week in Rodilillo

Hey Family,

This week was interesting. I survived the first week of incredible pain. My legs feel like Jell-O and it is completely different than I am used to. In Quillota it was flat. Here, it is the opposite of Quillota. But I love seeing the sea everyday.  In the harbor, there is a cruise ship every day
and it is awesome. There is a part in my area right now that is called Baron and where ever you look there is ocean. It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  I love to work there. The ward is a little small - I think that it is smaller than the branch in Quillota. But whatevs....

We received a referral from the wife of our mission president this week.  When we went by their house, she welcomed us with open arms. They have an incredible view of the ocean.  It's like they have beach side property, but they live on a hill and you can see every part of Valparaiso from their house. Anyway, we were talking with her and she said that she wants to have God more present in her life and the life of her child. She is Catholic, but she has never felt Catholic. She is looking for something more and I know we can show her the way. 

It has already been nine months since I have been out, and the time is flying by. This time is really special. I love working with the members of another country and seeing how the gospel  changes lives.  I love to be involved when it is relatively new in a country. I know that this work is a marvelous work and that it is the work of God. He sends us where we need to be. Love you guys so much.

Viaje Seguro,

Elder Kyle Griffeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment