Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The field is white....

Dear Family,

First of all.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!  I hope that this year is the most fun that you have on your birthday! I wish you the best of luck in the next coming year. 

I have completed 11 months in the mission today. How time flies by and you don't even notice it until it has already gone by.  We didn't have any baptisms this week because one of the investigators drank tea. :(   The other will be baptized this week so that his mom and dad can be at his baptism.  We are really excited for them.  On the 31st we have two more baptisms and the week after that, two more.  I hope that all goes well for these people. 

It was weird to see all the stuff happening with the Pope here.
  
First: He is Argentine. 

Second:  Being in a culture that is heavily Catholic, and where the people generally don't like Argentina, things are a little uneasy. 

Third: Some people ask themselves (Catholics) "Why did the previous Pope retire?" The good news is that there are people looking for answers to their questions. That is when we are able to help them.  So many of life's questions are answered by the Book of Mormon.  All of this stuff happening with the Pope makes the people more receptive to Christ's gospel. It is great.

Thank you all so much for writing me. I love you all. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That we have the restored Gospel again on this earth and that we have the priesthood. CHRIST LIVES.

Viaje Seguro,

Elder Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment