Monday, July 15, 2013

Better....

Dear Family

This week things have been getting better with my new companion.  It was a bit rough at first.  I think it might have been a case of pride, since we didn't get along so well the very first time that we met. But it was something that I had to do, and learn. After swallowing my pride, we have become better friends, and I am practicing more patience.  I'm sure it will just get better.  Pride is a scary thing. Something that Austin taught me last week, in his missionary letter, is that even if you don't believe something is your fault, just say you are sorry for being part of the misunderstanding. I already knew that, but I had forgotten. Thanks, Austin.

This week I was able to see my convert, Javier, bless the sacrament in his new suit.  It was awesome. Then he came with us after church to visit people in our area. He was inviting people to come to activities and to church. He is amazing.

This week we have been working hard, trying to find new people to teach. We tried tracting and that seemed to work out. We found one man, Carlos, who said that he would come to church this week.  He was late, but really enjoyed the meetings.  I hope that he continues to come and learn.

I love you guys so much and I know that is Church is true. I know that God loves all of his children, very much so. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and a second witness of Jesus Christ. I wish you guys the best.

Viaje Seguro,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment