This week was good. We started off the week with everything as usual - then we added another missionary to our companionship. His name is Elder Weidman. He is from Texas and he studied at the "Y" before he left on his mission. His Comp went home recently, so he has been with us ever since he left. But he wont be with us for long because his new comp gets here at 4:00 pm. It was really fun while it lasted.
We also went by this less active member this week who had been inactive for about 10 years. His name is Giovani and he is 24 years old. He really wants to come back to church but it is very hard for him to go. So I used a demonstration with him that I remembered from the MTC. I said that I had this friend who was going through the exact same thing and I didn't know how to help him and that I wanted him to write down how he could help my friend. He started writing fervently. Then while he was writing, I asked him to also write down what my friend could do to make it right with God. At the end, he gave to paper to me and I folded it up without looking. He asked if I was going to read it and I said "no". On the cover I wrote: TO: GIOVANI. I told him that sometimes we put limits on ourselves, but that we know our true potential. I told him to place the letter where he could see it everyday, and he started to cry. He said that he knew what he had to do and that nothing is going to stop him from going back to church. I felt the spirit as I was talking and I know that we can do whatever we need to with the Lord´s help.
Thank you guys so much for writing me this week. I love to hear how your week went. I know that this is the true church of God and I love working in his kingdom and with the wonderful people of Chile.
Viaje Seguro,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment