Monday, July 1, 2013

Rocks and Cops....

Dear Family,

This week on the mission, Elder Umbach left to go home. He finished his two years of service and is excited to see his family. Yesterday ,when we were at Sacrament meeting, he started to tear up and said how sad he was to leave Chile. He said that he would miss Chile and the people here. He will be missed and I hope the best for him. I think that he was my favorite companion so far.


Also this week, I had interchanges with my Zone leader - we had to go to the hospital to get a taxi.  When we got there, a huge rival game had just ended between La Serena and Coquimbo. There were a lot of people who wanted to just hurt somebody,  especially the police. We were just standing there, and we heard rocks whizzing by our bodies - they were really close to hitting us. Did I also mention that people here don't really like Mormons? :( Luckily, I am OK and I did not get hurt.

Thank you guys for everything - I will write you about my next companion next week, because I will meet him on Wednesday.  I know this church is true and I know the Joseph Smith was a true prophet.

Viaje Seguro,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

1 comment:

  1. I am Jordan's mom, Sue. (Eglin is my maiden name). Thank you for the kind words about my son. I'm glad he was your favourite ...so far.
    he he
    : I know it makes him sad to come home. It makes me sad to think this is over too.
    Thanks for being a great companion to him and
    CARRY ON THE WORK!

    it's sooooo weird, eh!

    ReplyDelete