Dear Familia,
This last week we had three baptisms! It was awesome! I had that chance to baptize Gustavo (the youngest). He was so happy about the fact that he was baptised! Not a lot of people showed up for that baptism though, which was kind of a bummer, but it went great all in all. My Comp and I are having a little trouble finding people, but we are working hard. If we work hard, the Lord promises that we will find people. Remember the family that I was telling you about? The one that was talking about getting married? They are going to City Hall today to see what day they can get married, so we are going to check up on how that went tonight. They also took a photo of me and my comp and said that they were going to send it to you.
When eating at this one house a couple of days ago, they had chicken and mashed potatoes. When I first tasted them they were super bland. Like no flavor. At all. I ended up pouring about 2-3 tablespoons of salt on them, just so that there was something to taste.
I don't think I will be playing basketball for two years - a lot of people here have never heard of basketball. It´s all futbol, futbol, futbol. Which I am kind of sad about, but it is a fun sport.
I love you all so much. This work out here is very hard -harder that building a house. :) But I know it is worth it finding those people and helping them to change their lives.
Seguro Viaje,
Elder Kyle Griffeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment