Monday, October 22, 2012

Changes!

Dear Family,

Well this week was an interesting one. This week we had that wonderful opportunity to have Elder Dallin H. Oaks speak to the missionaries of the Chile, ViƱa del Mar mission. It was really cool. He talked a lot about how we can recognize the spirit ( I learned how to decide what is the spirit and what is not - the whisperings of the spirit are if the outcome of the act is good and pure.) and how to explain to the investigator what the spirit is. He said that it was so important that the investigator knows what the spirit is, so that they can follow the guiding of the spirit. He also said that the most important thing that is in the "Preach My Gospel" book is to tell the investigator that they have a father in heaven who loves them and wants the best for them. 


Also we have changes this week. Drum roll please.......... 

Quillota Centro.....again ( that's four changes now = about 5 1/2 months)

My Companion...........

Elder Camacho........ again (that's three changes with him = about 4-4 1/2 months)

So here I am, spending 1/5 of my mission with the same elder. Fun. We have nothing to talk about. Woot. We know each other so well.


Also, Natalia was baptized and confirmed a member. I confirmed her. I was so nervous, I was literally shaking and sweating. It was in front of the whole Ward and I ended up saying about two sentences. Tough. But awesome.

Thank you all for everything and I can't wait to talk to all of you during Christmas. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Jesus really did visit the people of the ancient Americas and established his church. I love you all so much.

Seguro Viaje,

Elder Kyle Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment