Wow, Conference was great - I learned so much. I think that my favorite talk this year was by M. Russel Ballard who talked about the honey bees. It is incredible that one honey bee only contributes 1/12 of a teaspoon in all of it's life (they live for about 3-4 months) But it is vital that it does it's equal share, or there is not enough honey to sustain the hive. He said that when they gather nectar from the flowers, it's like little acts of service. They do so many acts of small service, it seems like they don't even notice what impact they have. Although its 1/12 of a teaspoon, its needed for honey. That's what I got out of that talk - and that honey has everything you need to survive. Be more like Christ!
Also I really like Elder Hollands talk. It was really direct.
Also "ask the missionaries". Fun times.
After they announced that 18 year old men and 19 year old women could serve a mission, I could not think for like 20 min after that. It's going to be fun in the next year and a half as more and younger Missionaries come into the field.
As a missionary, Conference is a little different, but it's really cool because you are a lot closer to the spirit and he helps you to understand everything.
Thank you so much for all of your letters. I'm really looking forward to the next six months as new missionaries come to Chile. I know that the church is true and that President Monson is a true Prophet.
Seguro Viaje
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment