This week we have CHANGES!
Elder Griffeth: Se Va (I'm leaving)
Yeah, so I think that I am going to leave the grand city of Valparaiso. Rodelillo is one of my favorite areas (I've only had two). I love looking at the ocean everyday. I think l that I am going to miss it. Oddly, this week the changes are on Wednesday. I have no idea why. Maybe it is because they have about 30 more missionaries this week - maybe I will be training and opening a new area.... *facepalm* I guess we will find out. I will say goodbye to the wonderful families that lost their homes in this fire and I think that I will deeply miss them. We grew so much closer these last couple of weeks. I believe that disaster really brings a community together. Everyone working together to help each other is a powerful thing.
The Church is so awesome and so organized. With this fire, we had a ton of people helping. The local government told the public that it would take two months to clean up after the fire - then to rebuild would take more. We are just about to enter fall and it is really rainy and cold during the fall here. So, we (the Mormons), cleaned everything in three days. We are now starting to rebuild houses for the fall. The government has no supplies to build right now (not even a shack - seriously). We are receiving a lot of donations of material right now from the members of the church. We were able to clean up the mess so fast because we didn't have to put a group or organization together - it was already done. It's amazing to see. I'm so grateful for the way the church is organized, and so lucky to have seen it in action.
Other than that, we have two more baptisms this week. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there. I'll be thinking of them and praying for them - it's all good.
Thank you to all who wrote me. I know that this church is true, logically and spiritually. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God and that we have a Prophet who leads and guides us today. I love you all so much and can't wait to see you again.
Viaje Seguro,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment