This week we have been teaching a person that is doing drugs at the end of most weekends. She tells us over and over again that she wants to break this habit. This week she told us that she wasn't going out this week, because she didn't want to return to the drugs... and she didn't. She said it was the first time in eight years that she hasn't left the house at the end of the weekend to do drugs. Also, she came to church and really enjoyed both the meetings and also a baptism. Awesome, right? One day we went to go teach her and her Mom asked us, right in front of her, if we really that thought that she could quit with the drugs? We both said yes. She instantly turned to her daughter and said that she could not do it, because she doesn't believe that she can. We were sad at this point because her mother doesn't believe in her. So we are trying our best to make her feel that she can do it - I truly believe she can.
Any tips?
This week is the midpoint of the transfer. We love working together and we are working really hard. Retention and reactivating is challenging, but I think it is just as rewarding as a baptism.
I know that this church is true. I know that is the work of God.
"To you who will accept the call to go forth and serve, I can promise you that your good name will never be forgotten in this world or in the eternities to come."
Elder L. Tom Perry
Viaje Seguro,
Elder Kyle Griffeth
No comments:
Post a Comment